Account BCC Address
To make keeping track of donor communications easier, we have setup a BCC email address for campaign accounts that qualify. This is a new feature we are testing out with various campaigns to see how well it can fit into their workflow.
Can I pick my BCC Email address?
The CampaignName@campaigndeputymail.com is specific to your account and cannot be changed. You can setup your email server to forward mail to this address.
You could setup a firstname.lastname@example.org which forwards to your account specific BCC email address. This is how our email@example.com works.
When will an email be added as an Activity?
We check for new emails every 15 minutes. We also are relying on your email server to send us the email which may have it’s own delay in sending to us. If it has been more than an hour, check with your Account Manager as your emails may be flagged as spam or unauthenticated.
Viewing emails received via BCC
Each received email is first checked to verify which account it was received from, and then attached to that Person’s profile. Campaign Deputy will also attempt to match up to any users in the system as well, which you will see on the left side of the date.
We currently are only showing the text only version of the email. Images are not currently shown.
Can I setup my email client to automatically BCC my BCC email?
GSuite/Gmail Automatic BCC
You can create a new filter to automatically BCC all emails you send. To do this;
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Filters and Blocked Addresses”.
- Then click on “Create a new filter”.
- In the “From” field, type your email address.
- Then click on “Create filter with this search”.
- When it takes you to the next page, click on the checkbox next to “Forward it to:”.
- Then click on “Add forwarding address” and type your BCC Email address.
Outlook Automatic BCC
- On the Home tab, click the arrow under Rules and click Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Click New Rule.
- Under Start from a blank rule, click Apply rule on messages I send and click Next.
- If you want to apply this rule to all your sent emails, just click Next again and Yes in the pop-up window. If you want to be more selective, you can use the criteria listed to select only certain types of emails to add this automation to.
- In Step 1 of this window, select Cc the message to people or public group. In Step 2, click the people or public group link. In the To field, enter your email address. Click Next. (If you would rather not publicly CC someone, you can mimic a BCC by checking Move a copy to the specified folder in Step 1, and clicking the Specified Folder link and selecting your Inbox.)
- You can then enter a name for your rule, and make sure that Turn on rule is checked.